Search: Encoding, Quick View, Converter

Suggestions and feature requests.
stardeck

Search: Encoding, Quick View, Converter

#1 Post by stardeck » 30.03.2017, 13:02

Hello, I've just made a donation hoping to make heavy use of Search files/folders and Converter features. Here's my wish list:

- Matches via a converter seem to appear in the Quick view as raw garbage. Can you make it display the converter's output instead?

- I'd like the content Encoding choice to be remembered. Or, even better, I'd like to make a "default" profile so its settings come preset automatically when the Search window opens.

Keep up the good work!

Tak

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Search: Encoding, Quick View, Converter

#2 Post by Dreamer » 30.03.2017, 20:13

stardeck wrote:- Matches via a converter seem to appear in the Quick view as raw garbage. Can you make it display the converter's output instead?
http://www.freecommander.com/fchelpxe/en/Converter.html

If you're using different settings in Quick viewer, you can right click the Quick viewer header and select "Settings".

stardeck

Re: Search: Encoding, Quick View, Converter

#3 Post by stardeck » 31.03.2017, 10:26

Dreamer wrote:
stardeck wrote:- Matches via a converter seem to appear in the Quick view as raw garbage. Can you make it display the converter's output instead?
http://www.freecommander.com/fchelpxe/en/Converter.html

If you're using different settings in Quick viewer, you can right click the Quick viewer header and select "Settings".
Thank you for the answer! Now I see that the Viewer and Quick viewer have their own Converter tabs, separate from that of the Search window. (I don't quite see the necessity of the separate three, though.)

Now, the "Text/Word wrap" option doesn't seem to be working for me with Converter outputs (txt, UTF8). Am I still missing something?

Thanks,

Tak