give a "HIDE" in rightclick context menu after Folder Search

Suggestions and feature requests.
vsrawat

give a "HIDE" in rightclick context menu after Folder Search

#1 Post by vsrawat » 16.11.2017, 08:37

When I press ^F and a new window opens in which I can search files (depending on criteria) and it shows the list of files that matched.

then, I need to copy some of these files to a different folder.

1. I can select all listed files and then click one-by-one to unselect the files.

quite a long way, may be can be simplified.

In a long file list, selecting all, and then unselecting one-by one is cumbersome. Any wrong key pressed and entire selection made so far disappears.

if we could get a menu command or keyboard shortcut or right click menu, that would "HIDE" the currently selected files from the list, then we could do it several times, and unwanted files are removed from the display, and we end up with final file list and can double check that this is what we want, and then can copy.

So Please give a "HIDE" in rightclick context menu after Folder Search
--
2. right click menu shown here is just the normal windows explorer right click menu, nothing added or removed by fc.

We don't get to see the folder where we want to move/ copy the files we have selected above.

we can use Copy/ Cut and go and paste to that folder by, again, manual going to that folder in a fc tab.

may be the some menu item or right click menu gives option to tell which destination folder we want to move/ copy them to, and does the same.

please add some method to browse to the destination folder right there from within Search window, and fc does the copy/ move from there itself.

Thanks.

Karol

Re: give a "HIDE" in rightclick context menu after Folder Search

#2 Post by Karol » 16.11.2017, 12:55

You can export the search result to container and make all what you need.

vsrawat

Re: give a "HIDE" in rightclick context menu after Folder Search

#3 Post by vsrawat » 28.11.2017, 02:06

wow.

selecting, "export to container" from Menu - File, opened a new tab in fc, having all or selected entries, like those were the only contents of a single folder, and there I could do further actions selectively without loosing track.

that is great, even better than a "Hide".

after years of using fc, several gems are still hidden and not knowing about them, we keep on doing it the hard way.

thanks.