Change double click on tab behavior

Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

Change double click on tab behavior

#1 Post by Forez » 20.11.2017, 18:43

I propose a change of what is happening when a quick double click is performed on a tab

Right now it gets closed; or pop up [as a fail safe] a question if the tab happens to be locked. And what I would like to happens is this: reloading / refreshing of a folder

There already is a quick way to close a tab [when using only a mouse], by hitting the X of it. But there is no way of quickly refreshing the content. Way to often do I have to change to some other tab and then go back to the previous one to see it refreshed

But one more thing: if my tab I am working on is a locked one but I go further down the rabbit hole and end up in some sub-folder, I wish that new kind of double click would leave me in that sub-folder and not show me the locked folder; because for seeing refreshed content of the locked [parent] folder I could just simply go up / back and thus entirely re-load it

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Change double click on tab behavior

#2 Post by Dreamer » 20.11.2017, 22:45

Just a workaround - Settings > view > file/folder list > general > by double click on free space > "Refresh the list".

Forez

#3 Post by Forez » 22.11.2017, 18:02

Dreamer wrote: 20.11.2017, 22:45 Just a workaround - Settings > view > file/folder list > general > by double click on free space > "Refresh the list".
Unfortunately I [often] use it for "Select all items"

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 22.11.2017, 21:47

I'm using double click the tab to refresh in web browsers, but - why you don't use auto-refresh in FC?

Another workaround, create/move refresh button to splitter bar, it would be just next to tab bar, easy to click.

Forez

#5 Post by Forez » 02.01.2018, 15:09

Dreamer wrote: 22.11.2017, 21:47 I'm using double click the tab to refresh in web browsers, but - why you don't use auto-refresh in FC?

Another workaround, create/move refresh button to splitter bar, it would be just next to tab bar, easy to click.
Yes I have some icons on my Splitter- and that is how I refresh my view [or witch for a moment to another tab]

And I do not auto-refresh it, because often I want to see what are the new additions to the folder, just to be sure, that I did not copied or moved into it something different than what I wanted. Usually when I edit audio I convert more than one audio file to WAV format which I then Have to select for the purpose of sending to the editor; sometimes I have something different that I think I have in the clipboard

Forez

#6 Post by Forez » 02.01.2018, 20:36

Or we could start utilizing the middle button: http://forum.freecommander.com/viewtopi ... =20&t=8189