Favorite toolbar : custom run-time arguments for custom tools

Suggestions and feature requests.
kino

Favorite toolbar : custom run-time arguments for custom tools

#1 Post by kino » 10.07.2019, 16:35

Hello,

I have been using custom tools increasingly in a way of leveraging FC as a dual file selectors : those selections become handy arguments for a bunch of operations (directly or wrapped into batch/shell scripts).

Now I feel the need for some custom arguments that could be prompted by a small popup and passed as substitutions to place holders (%param1%, %param2%", ...) in the "Parameter:" line along with native parameters (%ActiveSel%, %ActiveDir%, ...)

Use case :

I frequently re-encode music and video with ffmpeg out of the files I select in FC and toward the inactive panel directory.
...but I can't afford to define as many custom tools as bitrates I can set e.g. : 64, 128, 192, 256, etc. (it would jam an entire tool bar, let alone the burden of doing so)

It would be extremely practical to be able to define a custom parameter %bitrate% in the tool definition that would be prompted when I click my tool button in order to be only asked "bitrate = ?" ; my argument would then be fed to the place holder before running.

Thanks

milnak

Re: Favorite toolbar : custom run-time arguments for custom tools

#2 Post by milnak » 03.08.2021, 19:57

+1 on on this.

I've created a toolbar button as such:

Name: ytdlp-mp3
Program: yt-dlp.exe
Parameter: --extract-audio --audio-format mp3 --console-title --ignore-errors --output "%(title)s [%(id)s].%(ext)s" %Dlg%

Rather than needing %Dlg% to get the URL, I'd prefer a way to have a popup as suggested which would show:

Enter URL: _____

and the entered URL would be put into the args list, rather that Dlg which shows all of the args.

kino

Re: Favorite toolbar : custom run-time arguments for custom tools

#3 Post by kino » 03.09.2021, 14:10

As of build 852... Grand !!!
Thanks
K.