Command line closes even when not set to

Bugs and issues.
Cigydd

Command line closes even when not set to

#1 Post by Cigydd » 22.07.2010, 19:58

Dear FreeCommander developers,

I use command line frequently so I discovered a minor issue.
When I type into the FC command line and then launch the command with Enter, the console window opens and as the command finishes, it disappears. I'd like the console to stay open until I close it to review the output of the command I issued.

It seems to have been somehow implemented in FC since there is an option on the Settings > Command line page but regardless on how I switch the checkbox or if I hold Alt or not, the console window always closes immediately after the end of the executed command.

I would gladly appreciate if this issue is resolved. Maybe it's no bug of FC itself; in that case I accept just any help gladly.

I'm currently using FC 2009.02 on Windows 2000 Pro. The same behaviour appears by FC 2008.06 on Windows XP Pro.
--Cigydd

Cigydd

Re: Command line closes even when not set to

#2 Post by Cigydd » 22.07.2010, 20:41

My apologies!

I've now discovered that when an appropriate command is issued, the feature works, so that the console window stays until I manually close it.

When though a console-based application is executed, e. g. when I run Python as it is associated with the *.py scripts, entering

Code: Select all

script.py
only, the feature has no effect, so that the Python console window closes. But it isn't

cmd.exe
that's executed in such a case. It's

python.exe
itself.

I wonder if it would be possible to make Python not disappear after it finishes when invoked via Windows file type association.
--Cigydd