Incorrect synchronize folders

Bugs and issues.
Daniel C.

Incorrect synchronize folders

#1 Post by Daniel C. » 21.01.2008, 19:46

Hi,

I have a problem with synchronize folders and make patch (asymmetric - backup of the left side).
1. I choose two folders and take synchronize.
2. I take <Compare> in appear window ("Synchronize directories").
3. I mark unequal and new files to "left to right".
4. I take <Synchronize>.
5. Window "Sychronize" has appeared.
6. I mark <asymmetric - backup of the left side>
7. I select <New folder> as destination folder ("Copy - target folder") diffrent than right folder - I wish to get patch in New folder.
8. I take <OK>, and...
Only new files are copied to <New folder>, unequal files are copied to right folder.

My system:
FreeCommander Portable 2007.10a , Windows XP SP2.

--
Best regards
Daniel

Marek
Author
Author

#2 Post by Marek » 22.01.2008, 00:08

For files marked as "unequal" you must define copy direction, otherwise they are not copied.

Daniel C.

#3 Post by Daniel C. » 22.01.2008, 09:24

Thanks for reply!

> For files marked as "unequal" you must define copy direction, otherwise they are not copied.

I did it. ([...] 3. I mark unequal and new files to "left to right".)
I mark unequal files as "Select - left to right" and I get "Files which exist on both sides: 99" in appear window (Synchronize). Checkbox below "copy" is marked.
Do I have to set something in "Settings"?

BTW. I try install version today. It works the same.

--
Best regards
Daniel

Marek
Author
Author

#4 Post by Marek » 22.01.2008, 23:37

Hi Daniel,

now I have read your description once more with attention. You are right. It is a bug if you change a destination folder:
7. I select <New folder> as destination folder ("Copy - target folder") diffrent than right folder - I wish to get patch in New folder.

It will be fixed.

homersimpson

#5 Post by homersimpson » 21.12.2008, 03:10

Marek wrote:It will be fixed.
Hi!

I got a similar / the same problem with 2007.10 here. Changing the target folder when doing an asymmetric backup seems to work when copying non-existing files, but it ignores the changed target folder when copying unidentical files (those will be overwritten ...).
I installed 2008.06 a few minutes ago and it seems to work now - but I'm not really sure that I did exactly the same actions, so could someone please confirm (or disagree...) that this has been fixed? (Didnt find it in the release notes / version history)

Markus