Wrong Cyrillic Codepage and Languish

Bugs and issues.
koplap

Wrong Cyrillic Codepage and Languish

#1 Post by koplap » 02.03.2008, 22:54

I have WindowXP German Version and latest version of FreeCommander
(Unfortunatly, I can not switch to English version - in the case, these problems would be gone away)

In case, if filenames and folders have a name in codepage (Cyrillic), which is different from the windows system languish (German), the ones are not readable and accessible. (Window Explorer still correctly operates with these files and folders)

The same things happen, if you try to change FreeCommander languish to Russian, Ukrainian and other Cyrillic, there are no correct symbols on the screen.

Actually, in the Viewer, when you open Cyrillic text, this problem does't exist...

The problem can be solved, if I switch my system languish to russian or other one, but in the case I get the problems for all other programms, because some german languish system folders are not accessible anymore for non unicode programm.

Last helpfull information...

In .ini file I have changed all possible fonts to (for example) to

Name=Microsoft Sans Serif
Charset=204

and now I see dir/filenames in Cyrillic, but with absolutely wrong names... (in addition, some files instaed of the names have a ???????.doc)

If you need any certain screenshots, or examples of the file names I will send it as soon as possible...

Marek
Author
Author

#2 Post by Marek » 02.03.2008, 23:42

In such case you need unicode. FC has no unicode support.

alekdavis

#3 Post by alekdavis » 06.03.2008, 22:35

Marek wrote:FC has no unicode support.
Bummer! :( Any plans to add Unicode support?