Make empty folders visible etc.

Suggestions and feature requests.
StephanB

Make empty folders visible etc.

#1 Post by StephanB » 20.08.2008, 14:39

Hi all,
I am pretty new with Freecommander but already a big fan. Great to get such a brillant tool for free.
I have 2 remarks on behavior:
1. I would like to have a visible contol over empty folders, i.e. the colour is greyed out or just a bit lighter than its orginal. I found this very useful in an other filemanager.
2. Move back and forth through directories using the additial right/left mouse controls you meanwhile find on many newer ones. This would be the same behaviour like the IE does.
Would be great to find these 2 additions in a new version.
Thanks a lot for your work!
Stephan

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Make empty folders visible etc.

#2 Post by Dreamer » 20.08.2008, 17:41

Hi Stephan,

welcome to the forum.
StephanB wrote:1. I would like to have a visible contol over empty folders, i.e. the colour is greyed out or just a bit lighter than its orginal. I found this very useful in an other filemanager.
I like this suggestion, it might be useful. Perhaps the esiest way could be to add it to Settings > View > Colors - as "Empty folder".
StephanB wrote:2. Move back and forth through directories using the additial right/left mouse controls you meanwhile find on many newer ones. This would be the same behaviour like the IE does.
Would be great to find these 2 additions in a new version.
Thanks a lot for your work!
Please read the forum rules before posting - one request per topic / search before posting.

Add your support here (if you mean the side mouse buttons):

http://forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?t=870

Also this post might be useful:
mjcarman wrote:The default configuration for my MS Intellimouse has buttons mapped to "back" and "forward" but FreeCommander doesn't recognize them.

[For now I've worked around this by enabling application-specific settings and mapping the buttons to Alt-Left and Alt-Right.]
You can use also HotkeyP, small free app. to map the side mouse buttons.

zhong_qiyao

Re: Make empty folders visible etc.

#3 Post by zhong_qiyao » 15.07.2010, 04:07

Currently, the main windows tree view (View->Tree) is for directory selection.
The synchronise tool (Folder->Synchronise) is file-based.

Can we display empty folders during "Synchronise",
so that we can do in subdirectories:

1. Copy empty folders;

2. Remove empty folders?