Twin Monitors - single monitors

Suggestions and feature requests.
One Pot

Twin Monitors - single monitors

#1 Post by One Pot » 25.09.2009, 08:50

Hi,
I use my lap top in 2 locations, at my desk with dual monitors and on my lap with just one.
If I shut down from the desk with FC on the remote monitor, I can find no way of gettin it onto the lap top monitor when I reboot away from the desk.

Other software manages to avoid this by recognising that there is no external monitor and consequently putting the window on the laptop monitor.

Other workarounds that I use for other software is to click "maximise" from the taskbar, and the window jumps to the laptop sceen. However when right clicking FC, this only provides minimise and close options.

To date I have had to find a monitor and plug in, then drag the FC window to the laptop display and then all is fine, but I do not always have access to a spare monitor.

One solution would be to make sure hat I alway drag FC to the lap top before shutting down, but my memory isn't that good!

Thanks

One Pot

If something doesn't work - check the last thing you mended first

ralfso

#2 Post by ralfso » 25.09.2009, 16:44

Just a workaround but simple: (Try to exercise with visible window)

Make shure FC is the active application (Taskbarbutton highlighted).
Press ALT & Space (= window menu of FC)
Search for the activation-letter for "move" (window) and press it / I think it might be "m", but I'm not shure because I have a german windows with "v" for "verschieben".
Now you can move the window with your cursor-keys and finish with "return".

Then you can do this "blind" with an unvisible window on the second screen to move the window back to the first screen.
Regards
Ralf

Win10 (64-bit), Intel i7-2600 (3,4 GHz), 8 GB Ram, 500 GB SSD, 2x2000 GB HD, NVIDIA GeForce 545