Context Menu Options

Suggestions and feature requests.
sagarat

Context Menu Options

#1 Post by sagarat » 29.10.2007, 05:57

Just installed verstion 2007.10. Some nice changes.
I previously made my own custom context-menus to open folders in FC, as it can be very useful. These are the features I would like to see:
-Two context menu items - one for Right, and one for Left panel.
-Option to open folders in new tabs, to prevent new folder from opening in existing tab.

matera

#2 Post by matera » 31.10.2007, 03:33

Mmm! Yes! Open folder in new tab - just like my favorite web browsers ;) Want it! :)

Marek
Author
Author

#3 Post by Marek » 31.10.2007, 21:10

Can you explain: "Two context menu items - one for Right, and one for Left panel."

You can define a shortcuts for:
- Open current item in new folder tab
- Open current item in new folder tab in other pane

sagarat

#4 Post by sagarat » 02.11.2007, 09:09

What I was referring to was the standard Windows context menus, called "Shell Menu" in FC settings. This allows for a folder to be opened in either the current or new instance, in the left/right/active/inactive pane.

I would like to expand these options, to allow for either the Left or Right pane (Two menu items instead of just one, like FreeCommander_L and FreeCommander_R), and to automatically open in a new tab.

This is hand for when not in FC, but you want to open a folder into either FC pane without loosing any open folder tabs.

Also, a command-line switch for opening folders into new tabs would also be nice, as I use the /R= and /L= options in scripts, but must make new tabs beforehand.

BTW, I am finding the dual-pane multiple tab option in FC, along with the custom script shortcuts, to be the best file-management configuration I have ever used.