Toolbar button for single-pane

Suggestions and feature requests.
bbinnard

Toolbar button for single-pane

#1 Post by bbinnard » 28.04.2011, 18:59

You have a toolbar button to go to dual-pane mode (Split Horizontal) but there is no button to get back to single pane/un-split mode. The only option is the Shift+Ctrl+F1 keyboard or menu click which works fine, but it would be a lot more convenient if there was a toolbar button for this function.

Also, I second the request to be able to hide the drop-down box at the very bottom.

Note that I am using the XE version on Win7-64.
Birk Binnard
http://www.birkbinnard.com

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Toolbar button for single-pane

#2 Post by Marek » 28.04.2011, 20:41

Please add the following line to english.lng file (in the [ShortCutsTxt] section):
actViewSplit100_50=Dual/one panel;Toggle between dual and one panel

Then you can with Extras->Customize toolbar add the button for "Dual/one panel".
Also, I second the request to be able to hide the drop-down box at the very bottom.
Could you explain what you mean?

bbinnard

#3 Post by bbinnard » 02.05.2011, 20:00

Thank you for your prompt and very helpful reply. Your suggestion worked perfectly. I normally use a single panel layout but find dual convenient at times too, so being able to easily get back to single panel is very nice.

There doesn't seem to be a way to attach screen captures to posts here, so I will try to describe what I meant by my 2nd request:

The next-to-last space on the FreeCommander window has 3 text boxes (# Object(s), # Bytes, (Free Space) on the left and a text entry box on the right for Activate Quick Filter. This is fine and certainly should be part of the application window.

What I am requesting is a toggle to hide/display the item below this. It is a long text box with the current drive/folder name displayed on the right just to the left of a combo or drop-down list box that is blank. It is not clear to me what the combo box is for - but of course I have not looked in the docs either. At any rate, I think it would be nice to be able to toggle this object on/off.

Thanks again for your help and for developing FreeCommander. I've been using PowerDesk for many many years and have never found a comparable replacement until now.
Birk Binnard
http://www.birkbinnard.com

Marek
Author
Author

#4 Post by Marek » 07.05.2011, 16:42

Please check the settings for "DOS prompt".