Serperate extention view in listmode (screenshot inside)

Suggestions and feature requests.
solipsist

Serperate extention view in listmode (screenshot inside)

#1 Post by solipsist » 10.06.2008, 23:10

first thing:

total commander

free commander

is there a way to setup the extentions serperate, in listview? that way i get more oversight :)
i've seen that it's possible to make an own view on how you want to show things, but it won't show the files next to eachother like in listview :)

is it possible to have f6 rename a file, and when selected multiple files to let free commander move the files? just like in nc/tc?

For the rest, the program is awesome, and has a more stable upload ftpcode then totalcommander has, wich is awesome to say the least :)

clanman

#2 Post by clanman » 11.06.2008, 01:14

Hi solipsist

The closest I can get to your need for the extensions to be listed separately is to create custom columns (View->Custom Columns). Add Name with left alignment and Extension with right alignment.

As for changing the assignment for F6, go to Extras->Keyboard shortcuts and make your changes here.
Regards

Clanman
Using FreeCommander XE 2022 Build 860 32-bit public on Windows 11

solipsist

#3 Post by solipsist » 11.06.2008, 07:47

clanman wrote:Hi solipsist

The closest I can get to your need for the extensions to be listed separately is to create custom columns (View->Custom Columns). Add Name with left alignment and Extension with right alignment.

As for changing the assignment for F6, go to Extras->Keyboard shortcuts and make your changes here.
Yeah, i've seen that as well, but as said before, it won't work in listmode.
i thought, HAH, let's be smart, so i setup a name > extention > name > extention view...

offcourse that doesn't work... :P

ill have a look at the key assignment, cause i think what i'm asking isn't done with a single keybind :)

Replika

#4 Post by Replika » 17.06.2008, 19:35

clanman wrote:Hi solipsist

But in 'Name' column, it also contains extensions :(

This feature (name without extension) is all I miss. I've waited from very first version. Marek, please...

thanks,
Replika

iets mie

any news from this?

#5 Post by iets mie » 30.06.2008, 17:56

is there already a solution known for this?

Thanks!

:wink:
iets mie