Default ordering/view for new tabs only

Discussion and questions - donor version.
REVerdi

Default ordering/view for new tabs only

#1 Post by REVerdi » 19.12.2020, 00:02

When I create the new folder tab, it inherits the ordering of the previously active tab. Is there a way to define a default for the new tabs? I created a view in Auto selectable views, which didn't work. It works if I check switch mode automatically on folder change, but it also makes the ordering change when I go back to the previous tab, which I don't want. I just want a pattern for new tabs.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Default ordering/view for new tabs only

#2 Post by Dreamer » 19.12.2020, 12:50

If you mean tab path, it's not possible, you can click with middle button to drive, or to drive letter in the address bar, e.g. D: . You can also use Favorite tools, create a folder there and then click with middle button to this folder and the new tab with the path of this folder will be opened.

Automatic views are independent on tabs, you can set path just for folders or paths you need - if you want not to use auto views for same path, different tabs, it's not possible now, but you can try the option "Lock view".

REVerdi

Re: Default ordering/view for new tabs only

#3 Post by REVerdi » 19.12.2020, 15:42

Thanks for answering. FreeCommanderXE is great, and it has increased my productivity at my job a lot. I hope the developer has heirs or that I retire earlier ;)