[Feature request] Copy/Move Item from the Image Viewer

Discussion and questions - donor version.
Danielsan

[Feature request] Copy/Move Item from the Image Viewer

#1 Post by Danielsan » 01.02.2021, 17:16

Hi there,

I have been using FC for a while and I decided to become a Donor to support the project, I also have a request that for my case would be really helpful.
I work with a lot of pictures and it would be really helpful if I could copy the image I am watching from the viewer rather than going to the dual panel file manager and click to blue arrow (or shif+F5) on every picture.

Thanks in advance,

Danielsan

Marek
Author
Author

Re: [Feature request] Copy/Move Item from the Image Viewer

#2 Post by Marek » 01.02.2021, 20:26

Currently in viewer you can open context menu Shift+F10 and use Copy command.
Have you thought of anything else?

Hugo_W

#3 Post by Hugo_W » 01.02.2021, 21:28

Hello,
You want to easily copy pictures? Alternative suggestion if you haven't tried it yet:

One panel of the FC set the picture preview, another panel the target directory as a file list or picture preview.
Press F5 on the highlighted picture and the picture will be copied, or F6 will move it.

You can also mark several images and then copy them.
The size of the images in the image preview can be set in several stages.

Greetings Hugo

Danielsan

#4 Post by Danielsan » 01.02.2021, 21:44

Marek wrote: 01.02.2021, 20:26 Currently in viewer you can open context menu Shift+F10 and use Copy command.
Have you thought of anything else?
Hi, thanks for your reply. This doesn't work for me, I usually open side by side the file manager and the viewer, often I scroll the pictures directly from the file manager but when I need to watch for the details I operate directly from the viewer and this is the moment where I really miss a button that copies the file from a panel to another.
Hugo_W wrote: 01.02.2021, 21:28 Hello,
You want to easily copy pictures? Alternative suggestion if you haven't tried it yet:

One panel of the FC set the picture preview, another panel the target directory as a file list or picture preview.
Press F5 on the highlighted picture and the picture will be copied, or F6 will move it.

You can also mark several images and then copy them.
The size of the images in the image preview can be set in several stages.

Greetings Hugo
Hi, thanks for your reply. I tried this method but it doesn't show me the details I need to see, hence I usually use the method described above.

D.