Updating FC and default settings

Discussion and questions - donor version.
Odamn-Ete

Updating FC and default settings

#1 Post by Odamn-Ete » 25.03.2021, 14:24

After performing a clean install of FC and reinstaing my previous settings I noticed that not all settings are updated when FC is updated, here an example:

Under
Tools - Settings - View - Viewer - Tab General - as Image:

I noticed that somewhere along the lines of updates the number of image file types had been expanded, between my old settings and my new ones there have been ca. 5 file formats added.

I understand that these settings can be configured by users and it might be detrimental to them, if these values are updated. Yet I would apreciate some kind of solution to catch such updates in the future. (I may have in the past not read the update notes as responsibly as I should have. In that case, my sincere apologies.)

Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Updating FC and default settings

#2 Post by Dreamer » 25.03.2021, 21:57

I know what you mean, I'm not sure if it's possible to solve such issues, there are specific options in the setting files, e.g. "abcd=1,2,3,4", if user add option "5" there and update add "6", option after the update by default would be "abcd=1,2,3,4,6" - if installation would use default options, custom option "5" would be lost.

Perhaps 2 suboptions could be added for 1 option, abcddefault= and abcdcustom=, but what if user want to use 2,3,4,5 only and not 1 and 6.

It looks like a "mission impossible", but perhaps you have a suggestion?

Odamn-Ete

Re: Updating FC and default settings

#3 Post by Odamn-Ete » 27.03.2021, 09:46

Dreamer wrote: 25.03.2021, 21:57 ...
It looks like a "mission impossible", but perhaps you have a suggestion?
In the future, after Updating FC I would start it with default settings and compare the entries with my personal settings.

Best regards,