some suggestions for release 507

Discussion and questions - donor version.
JanStuckens

some suggestions for release 507

#1 Post by JanStuckens » 18.04.2010, 00:26

Hi,

Since the first alpha, there's been a great number of improvements to the new FC. Some suggestions for features that to me appear almost completed:

Quick view:
the current location as a third pane in vertical split is good for text files but not so much for pictures since most are larger than wide. For those I prefer to have quickview under the tree view with an option to quicky hide it. I'm not suggesting a fully dock-able interface here, but rather a settings option to choose where one wants to have it.

Quick filter:
Can you increase the size of the box. For large screen fonts, part of the text in the box is hidden. In FC 2009.02 the size is perfect.

control panel in tree view and control panel button both only show three control panel items (Java, Quicktime and Text to speech). Note: on 64bit Vista

extra -> settings -> programs -> add a 'multi-rename' option
I actually really like the FC multi-rename, but others may be more accustomed to other software such as batch rename utility or reNamer.

extra -> settings -> start program and
settings -> view -> log
increase vertical spacing between the text for large screen fonts (125 DPI). All other option panels are OK

extra -> settings -> folder tabs
suggestion to add option to hide tabs line when only one tab is active. Useful for small displays

extra -> settings -> file operations -> copy
I didn't notice a difference between FC and windows copy. It would be nice to add an option to use a copy name template in case of copying to the same folder. That would offer an option to make such file naming independent of OS language

view -> split horizontal
might better become "split vertical" when horizontal split is on

Keep up the great work,

Jan