My wish list, maybe interesting to others too

Discussion and questions - donor version.
mariuszsw

My wish list, maybe interesting to others too

#1 Post by mariuszsw » 12.08.2010, 23:28

Hello Mr. Jasinski and all Freecommander users.
First I would like to say what is in my opinion the most handy feature in Freecommander that can not be found in other file managers. This is quick filter! Surprisingly it is not used in such handy way in any other file manager. For me - this is the most handy and time saving tool.

I just wanted to share what I really miss in Freecommander or what is annoying:

- Freecommander switches sorting order. This is annoying. It switches sorting order from descending to the opposite and back to descending - each time I launch Freecommander
- Selecting items on the list by drawing a rectangle with mouse doesn't work. It just opens file/directory closest to the mouse pointer
- I already talked about it: drag and drop. This is something very usefull for me becouse I send a lots of e-mails and navigating for files that should be attached to an email is much easier with Freecommander than with standard dialog window. Dragging and dropping a file to an e-mail is much easier way to attach a file. But in Freecommander you usually can't drag&drop
For copying/moving this is also very handy feature that I miss.

Best Regards,
Mariusz

vsz

Drag and Drop!

#2 Post by vsz » 31.08.2010, 23:31

On Windows 7 32-bit, in FC (stable and alpha) you cannot drop a file (say from Outlook or Windows Explorer) onto a folder area in FC. You get the no-smoking cursor when you try.

AFAIK, this used to work under Windows XP. It would be VERY helpful to get DnD working under Windows 7.

Thanks for all your great work on this fantastic tool!

waterpolo

Re: My wish list, maybe interesting to others too

#3 Post by waterpolo » 01.09.2010, 20:10

Drag&Drop is also not working in XP.

Most of the time I use DnD and therefor i am working with FC2009