QuickViewer Location

Discussion and questions - donor version.
BGM

QuickViewer Location

#1 Post by BGM » 21.10.2011, 22:38

Salvete! I see in the options that the QuickViewer has a number of ways it can be used to display file contents (this is absolutely wonderful). However, I really like the way the old FC did it. Old FC would use the entire other panel. Right now the quickviewer isn't so quick, because FC has to re-display not only the quickview item, but also the file listing. Thus, if I want to view a simple text file, it is faster for me to use my external notepad program than it is to use quickview. I think if we could use the entire other panel (without having to mess with the splitter), then it would be faster.

Also, if quickview is on, is there some way to indicate on the splitter button which panel owns the view? If I leave quickview open and switch to another application and then return to FC, I forget which panel owns the quickview and have to click around until I find out. I am thinking, maybe, perhaps, an green arrow overlay on top of the splitter's quickviewer button (I *LOVE* the splitter, and is one reason why I don't use TC, which doesn't have one) that points to the owner?
(Windows 10-1909 Professional 64bit)

joby_toss

Re: QuickViewer Location

#2 Post by joby_toss » 21.10.2011, 22:50

This is how mine is showing:

BGM

Re: QuickViewer Location

#3 Post by BGM » 21.10.2011, 23:04

Mine looks like that too, except that the view is split between the folders and the quickview item. So I dragged the splitter all the way up so that quickview takes up the entire pane. That solves the part about getting the quickview on the whole panel, but it still feels like it is re-loading the folders behind it, and isn't so quick as notepad. I have the syn+ plugin to view text files (simply because I wanted an in-quickview text editor - too bad we can't dock notedpad2...), but old FC did it so fast that it was preferable to my external editor. New FC is not as snappy about it, and the panel flickers until the quickview is displayed.
(Windows 10-1909 Professional 64bit)