Custom Menus like Total Commander

Discussion and questions - donor version.
BGM

Custom Menus like Total Commander

#1 Post by BGM » 20.01.2012, 04:31

Salvete! I am looking at FCXE maximized to my widescreen monitor. FCXE only has 6 items in its menu bar, but the menu bar spans the entire length of the window. Look at all of that screen real-estate that I can't use for anything! (I know I can turn the menu into a toolbar, but then it becomes fat, and I don't like how it looks).

What if we could create our own menus like in Total Commander? That would be the optimal place to put numerous favourites menus (it could be possible to add a teeny icon next to the menu item). Perhaps one of the options for the menu items could be to add a folder that displayed its contents through a set of submenus. If I could do that, I would build a separate menu for each of my primary work folders, and I could navigate right to the items in them without leaving the displayed contents of my tabs.

Another option for the custom menus could be to organize FCXE commands into whatever grouping one likes.

FCXE can already create and manage menus - just look at the Favourites Menu and the Favourite Tools menu. The Favourite Tools menu even does submenus (like another user was requesting for Favourites), so the capability is already there.

I tried Total Commander a few times, just a few weeks ago was the last time, and I didn't find nearly the flexibility in the interface that I get with FCXE. The only thing TC has over FCXE is that it has so many plugins. FCXE can take certain ones, but only the ones that display file contents, or now, in XE, archiving functions. Anyway, God bless you, Marek.
(Windows 10-1909 Professional 64bit)

joby_toss

Re: Custom Menus like Total Commander

#2 Post by joby_toss » 20.01.2012, 14:46

Mine looks like this: