How does your FCXE look like ?

Discussion and questions - donor version.
raytaller

How does your FCXE look like ?

#1 Post by raytaller » 14.02.2012, 10:48

I couldn't live without it ! I use it everyday, and synchronize it on Dropbox (using the no-install version). This way, it feels like home on any computer :-)

I'm very very happy with the single-panel view, which I use exclusively with the tree view enabled.
My most used directories are locked and renamed. Copying file path is one of the feature I use most, as well as pasting absolute file paths in the address bar.
Whay about you ? How does your daily setup looks like ? What is your workflow ?

Cheers

BGM

Re: How does your FCXE look like ?

#2 Post by BGM » 14.02.2012, 16:30

Can we upload image files here?

I don't use the trees except on rare occasion. I exclusively use double-pane view, and keep nearly 20 tabs open at all times, the tabs depending on the multiple projects on which I am working. I absolutely depend on making my own buttons, and have created buttons for my primary folders to load them in the tabs as I need them. I also create buttons to open files and folders in particular programs. The most used buttons are on my splitter bar, however, between the folder panes - they are "Create new text file", "Create directory", "copy to other panel", "move to other panel", "copy full file name", "copy file name", "quickview" (especially for images)", and "edit" (which opens *anything* in notepad2).

I have tried out every file browser out there, and this application is absolutely the best. The ability to create custom buttons that do anything is truly outstanding. When you combine that feature with scripting applications like Powerpro and Autohotkey, the result is the reason why I would never go mac.
(Windows 10-1909 Professional 64bit)

Scott_Y

#3 Post by Scott_Y » 19.02.2012, 12:59

BGM wrote:Can we upload image files here?
Yes, by clicking the "Img" button over the message box. But it only accepts a url, not a direct upload of an image.

BGM

#4 Post by BGM » 19.02.2012, 19:42

Scott_Y wrote:
BGM wrote:Can we upload image files here?
Yes, by clicking the "Img" button over the message box. But it only accepts a url, not a direct upload of an image.
That's what I thought. Too bad.
(Windows 10-1909 Professional 64bit)