most missed feature

Discussion and questions - donor version.
sdb

most missed feature

#1 Post by sdb » 27.07.2012, 17:40

the feature I miss the most in Fc XE is the synchronize function, since people do have to store their files on multiple drives this is an important thing. The lower speed of Fc XE (start up) isn't a big problem with a hybrid drive (momentus xt 500) in a notebook ( for me ;-) For synchronization, unfortunately, I still have Fc 02b installed. I integrated 7 zip (thanks to the hint from Karol how to do that) , that would be nice to have natively even if it would blow up the Fc XE install-zip file size. As far as I know 7 zip supports rar too. Second to that boolean operators in the quick filter would be nice, filtering pdf epubs and docs by eg. Technology AND Biology etc. The quick filter is great!

great work marek, apart from that take your free time... summer in Europe.

inglorious

Re: most missed feature

#2 Post by inglorious » 27.07.2012, 22:24

synchronization is not an issue (in my opinion) at all!
there is good freeware out there, eg.:
http://freefilesync.sourceforge.net/

why reinvent the wheel? consider that with every new feature, plenty of new bugs and old friends (regressions) will be (re)implemented!
until synchronization works properly and reliable in order to use it in a production environment months will pass ... why not focus on fixing already implemented half-baken, buggy features?

my solution: better support & implementation of 3rd party tools in general:
- Sync (freefilesync)
- FTP (filezilla)
- Hex-Editing (HxD)

with one things you're wright, quick filter is a / THE mayor feature, other FM lack!

the feature I miss most is drag & drop support for favorite folder and favorite items!
Win7x64

sdb

#3 Post by sdb » 28.07.2012, 09:06

hmm did not know that it exists sync software out there. So, I can omit to install Fc 2009 and install freefilesync instead.

I am not a very heavy user, therefore I did not notice many bugs of Fc XE

I did not say that fixing things first isn't a good idea...

haha... there is a little learning curve with that freefilesync but its quite handy.

humhum... still think, that sometimes after revising major and minor bugs, a practical sync option would be nice.

Actually I could clean fc 2009 from my computer. Das könnte ich gerade machen.fdjdfdjdfdf3fcmfeoefgfmc,,froo effacer bla log

sdb

#4 Post by sdb » 04.08.2012, 21:16

apart form quick filter, thumbnail 256 is practical and it's what speedcommander lacks; one window view is what totalcommander lacks.

freefilesync really is a good tool. I have already saved quite a lot of time.