597 - spaces beetween toolbars. How to do.

Discussion and questions - donor version.
sdb

597 - spaces beetween toolbars. How to do.

#1 Post by sdb » 06.08.2012, 20:20

in the standard toolbar you can insert separators but how can you insert spaces to make things more distinguishable ?

BGM

Re: 597 - spaces beetween toolbars. How to do.

#2 Post by BGM » 06.08.2012, 20:31

You might do it by creating an icon with an icon-maker that is transparent and has no image. Then, in FC, create a button, and link it to something, say a txt file or something, and assign it that "blank" icon. It is a workaround, but will create a space the width of a regular button.

You also get a "skinny" space whenever you lock the toolbars. The toolbar grip disappears leaving its empty area behind. So you could create an empty toolbar and put it between your other toolbars. Again, another workaround, but there you have it.

Also, you know, if the toolbars are unlocked, you can place them how you wish, leaving whatever space you like in between them. Make sure that in your "customize toolbar" settings, that, in the "General Options" tab, you have not set "one wrappable toolbar". I set mine to "Integrate favorite toolbars with action toolbars", which grays out the option for "Show favorite toolbar as..." You get the "customize toolbar" panel by right-clicking in the toolbar area and selecting "customize favorite toolbar" or "customize action toolbar" from the popup menu.
(Windows 10-1909 Professional 64bit)

sdb

Re: 597 - spaces beetween toolbars. How to do.

#3 Post by sdb » 06.08.2012, 21:41

thanks for that. Besides, I just discovered 'general options/many toolbars/show menu as toolbar' = checked. this is nice because when having a 14' notebook display, there is more space for files.

well, spacers could be a minor feature request.