system folders and fav folders popups should display path

Discussion and questions - donor version.
vsrawat

system folders and fav folders popups should display path

#1 Post by vsrawat » 04.11.2012, 07:48

1. When I mouseover on system folders and fav folders popups, it would be convenient if the path is displayed on status bar.

currently, just nothing is appearing. there are different entries with same name (Programs) in system folders, so we are not able to see which entry leads to which folder, without having to click on this to open actual folder.

2. The editing of system folders is just not possible.

leftclick as well as rightclick are just opening the system folder in the current tab. Why duplicate? if leftclick opens in current tab, rightclick should open that in a new tab. (I think the same change has been introduced about fav folder in some recent beta.)

in fav folder, edit option is appearing at the bottom at least. but nothing like that in system folders.

middle click just does nothing in system folders and fav folders. let middle click open the editing window for these.

3. editing of fav folders is quite complicated. here also, middle click might open the editing window, instead

4. The name of the system folder and fav folder should be editing by clicking F2 while we have highlighted a sys or fav folder by mouse. F2 is intuitive for edit all over windows, so it should be used for that more frequently in fc.

5. option can be given to let user choose to "automatically show" the drive/ partition letter before each system folder and fav folder. I find it very necessary to know which partition I am talking about.

6. fav folder editing gives just path editing in the lower part of window. I get confused how to edit the name I have given to a fav folder. (ok, by clicking on the name), so, also showing the name I have given along with path in the lower pane would be very convenient.

7. give option to display individual fav folders as buttons in a toolbar. we use them so often that it would be helpful if they are always visible somewhere, instead of needing to access them by mouseover to these two icons. they should not be open in tab, just visible as a tool bar. maybe same option for system folders also as they also are frequently used. or clicking on sys or fav folder icon should open their tool bar. It is convenient to move over a toolbar, instead of mousing over a menu, that would just close when mouse goes out of the pane.

Thanks.
--
Rawat