show full path of the folder in which file/folder create

Discussion and questions - donor version.
vsrawat

show full path of the folder in which file/folder create

#1 Post by vsrawat » 13.11.2012, 11:04

601 on w7-s64
when I select rightclick - New, it gives option to create new entities.

however, in the create window, it does not show the path where the file/ folder is being created.

I have faced problem due to that. Often due to mouse having selected some folder, the newly created file gets created in the said folder instead of getting created in the currently displayed folder. May be in case of archives (zip rar 7z) also, the newly created file might be getting added to the archive file if it was selected.

The simple solution could be, in the title bar of create dialogue window, to show the full path of the folder in which the newly created file/ folder is being created.

Thanks.
--
Rawat

BGM

Re: show full path of the folder in which file/folder create

#2 Post by BGM » 18.11.2012, 03:43

however, in the create window, it does not show the path where the file/ folder is being created.
Rawat, what do you mean by "create window"? Do you mean the "New folder" dialogue? If you do, it assumes you want to create the folder (or file, in the case of creating a new file from the "New" menu item) inside the folder of the active panel.

If you want to create a folder in some other place, I think you first have to navigate there.
(Windows 10-1909 Professional 64bit)