Unusual systray icon behavior

Discussion and questions - donor version.
lphilpot

Unusual systray icon behavior

#1 Post by lphilpot » 17.11.2012, 02:48

Using XE 601 public beta, so this may either be fixed in a newer release or due to a misconfiguration on my part. I'm not sure if it's an XE/Win7 interaction or what, but I'm not seeing similar behavior from other programs.

I have it configured to minimize to systray (but not to always show the systray icon), and it works. However I eventually end up with two XE entries in the "Notification Area Icons" CP applet, and those icons change their behaviors.

Here's what I see --

Without FC running, if I open the Notification Area Icons applet I have one FC icon, configured to "Show Icon and Notifications", which is what I want. I can launch FC, minimize it and it shows up in the system tray. However, if I either 1) restore it (click the icon) and then minimize again, or 2) click the 'show hidden icons' uparrow button on the systray, it disappears from the system tray - It's now visible only on the 'show hidden icons' systray popup. I open the Notification Area Icons applet and either the XE icon is now configured to "Only show notifications", OR there's a duplicate XE entry that's configured that way in addition to the original one still properly configured. Either way, I have to reset it again to make it visible in the systray. After I do this once, it maintains its systray configuration, until I restart the program and it's back to the beginning again. If I don't reset it and close XE, the "Only show notifications" icon remains and the other one disappears. The XE entries also move around sometimes in the applet list.

Not a huge deal, since I leave it running for days on end, but it is curious and apparently somewhat broken in that regard. Once again, this is the only program I've seen act this way. Anyone else see this?

Thanks.

alf5000

Re: Unusual systray icon behavior

#2 Post by alf5000 » 17.11.2012, 10:29

confirmed!

it's been annoying me for long, long time! (as I would call it: windows can't remember the systray-icon-state of FCXE)
... as you said it's not a huge deal but it should get fixed.
(win10pro x64) - (latest FCXE x64 portable)

alf5000

Re: Unusual systray icon behavior

#3 Post by alf5000 » 14.12.2013, 19:45

FCXE .645 still has that bug.

I wouldn't call it a critical bug, but ....
... a bug is a bug is a bug.

1) Win7pro x64 repeatedly forgets the setting "Show icon and notifications" for FreecommanderXE (at least on my configuration with FCXE portable)

2) perhaps it is related to this behavior https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/142 ... y_icon.png - as you can see FCXE is running but no systray icon is shown.
(win10pro x64) - (latest FCXE x64 portable)