Verify option for Copy/Move operation

Discussion and questions - donor version.
francoma

Verify option for Copy/Move operation

#1 Post by francoma » 28.07.2016, 23:00

It happen to me, sometimes, to find corrupted files on hard disk or pendrives. There is no possibility to know if the issue is due to some device error or faulty transfer.
So, only when I have to copy/move long files or big amount of data I use some apps that perform in a very good way this task (FreeFileSync, Teracopy or FastCopy, all of them with a verify option).
I find Freecommander excellent as file manager and was trying to integrate external program just for having this apparently simple function: Verify the files/directory just copied/moved.
The result of my tries is the following:
1- as far as I know FreeFileSync accept launch parameters only in a .bat file.
2- FastCopy can be integrated into FreeCommander, but for me a big concern is it don't ask confirmation in case of existing files/dir. It can be configured to overwrite or check date/size, but not ask the user for confirmation.
3- TeraCopy too integrates well into FreeCommander, but it is faulty in some occurrence (directories with blanks, or copy of multiple directories).

Since nor of those solutions are suitable for my needs, I suggest if it could be implemented the option "Verify" for copy/move into the FreeCommander engine.