740 - Selecting with left mouse button

Discussion and questions - donor version.
Dreamer
Site Admin

740 - Selecting with left mouse button

#1 Post by Dreamer » 22.01.2017, 20:59

The option "Focus item (NC-mode); Select item (Windows mode): activate selection by mouse dragging" doesn't work as expected / as before.

1) First part "Focus item (NC-mode)" is wrong, the item is SELECTED in NC-mode, when using 1-click options.
2) If NC-mode is disabled, the item is FOCUSED only, not selected.
3) If NC-mode is enabled, and single-click options are disabled, selecting item on extention doesn't work.

Something has changed in the last version (not sure if 740 or earlier), selecting was working even without single-click options, it's quite confusing. :?

FC 740 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit.
Attachments
Screenshot_01222017_201543.png

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: 740 - Selecting with left mouse button

#2 Post by Dreamer » 04.02.2017, 23:51

741 update.

- The second option "Focus item (NC-mode); Select item (Windows mode)" with default settings, for both, extension and icon option.

I'm not sure if it's just the option name, but "Select item (Windows mode)" means that I can select several items, but I can only FOCUS the current item when clicking the icon or extension.

- By click on item icon - "Select item".

Works good with NC-mode, but doesn't work without NC-mode, only focul item.

- "Focus item (NC-mode); Select item (Windows mode): activate selection by mouse dragging" option.

In NC-mode items are selected, not focusing only.

BTW selecting in NC and non-NC modes are different and using the icon is different either, so it's all a bit confusing, therefore it's important to use different terms for different behavior.

Second and third options are almost the same, but second should be for focusing the item and third for selecting - for all modes if possible - it was like that few versions ago.

Fad

#3 Post by Fad » 21.05.2017, 08:33

To my knowledge, the last correctly working version was 734 where the 'selection' options were not changed and/or broken.

(I have stayed with v.734)

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 21.05.2017, 16:32

OK, update in 746 64-bit, Win10 64-bit, we have different options for non-NC and NC mode (in General and NC-Mode tab):

In NC mode all 3 options for icon and extension works good.

In non-NC mode:
- "open item" when using single click to open files/folders works good
- "open item" when not using single click to open files/folders works good (works as focus)
- "select item" actually focus item, perhaps it's just about wording, but it might be confusing, I'd use term "focus", since it's used in all other FC options
- "select item (important if you want selection by mouse dragging)" (available only for "extension") works good (it works a bit different as in NC-mode, but it's OK)

All in all, except the wording (select vs. focus), these options work in 746, moving the topic to "Discussion".

Fad - I recommend to upgrade to the latest version. If you miss the options from NC-mode, try this mode, there are several other useful options which are unavailable in non-NC-mode (e.g. selecting with Insert, Space...).

If you still miss any feature of you find a bug, please start a new topic.

Fad

#5 Post by Fad » 21.05.2017, 18:49

Thanks - I will test it.

Edit: the problems are the same as in the previous thread

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7390

Which was fixed for 726...but have now reappeared.

I don`t need new features so do not want to cause a fuss about it - I will stay with the old one.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#6 Post by Dreamer » 21.05.2017, 20:18

OK, I will reply in the other topic - and re-open it. I think we will find a solution. :)

Let's use this topic only for the wording - select vs focus.