Freecommander crashing on ZIP files

Discussion and questions - donor version.
mumajs

Freecommander crashing on ZIP files

#1 Post by mumajs » 31.01.2018, 16:42

When I started to be donor... From version 740 I see it is crashing for me a lot all the time. Today I have the latest version and the behaviour is the same. My supporting systems, logs, servers create zip files with necessary informations. When I heavily browse through the files freecommander crash a lot. usualy one folder with 10+ zip files and I open every one step by step to obtain and view TXT file from the archive. Usualy I open 5+ files. Sometimes I see I am too fast and when I open one and nothing happen I try to open second and the first one is opened. Maybe that could be the issue. But all looks fine that ime. Then suddenly the freecommander crash. Many times I just ingore the crash, but sometimes it crash whole tab and I can not move from zip file or change the drive. It is very annoyng, because I have to close freecommander and start again.

I am putting this to donor version ( and I know it must be also in public) because I am donor and my last post about the free space in public version was absolutely ignored. http://forum.freecommander.com/viewtopi ... =18&t=8407
That is really terrible support for donors. Even author of the program did not say if simple behavior to see shared folder of free space is somehow possible without connecting the share as the drive or not... Simple answer...

So I am really confused how as the lifetime donor I can have support on freecommander. Crashing with ZIP files is most big problem for me and I am putting the note here. Just tell me how I can provide more information, but it crash to me on different systems, PCs and so on, so it must be freecommander related. Another file commanders (total commander, altap salamander, double commander, multi commander) works fine. How I can get the appropriate support if I decided to believe freecommander project and paid for it. Of course help with ZIP crash and freespace is the main case! But probably explanation how to even het simple support could bringe more to me than just answer to my issue!

Regards

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Freecommander crashing on ZIP files

#2 Post by Marek » 31.01.2018, 22:09

If the crash is in FreeCommander you should see crash dialog with "Send report" button.
Use the button to sending the report.
Check if you can find the file fc_bugreport.txt or FcExceptionLog.txt (install or settings folder).
Check the Windows event log for info if you do not have crash dialog in FreeCommander.
Send me the zip file if you have one that makes problems.
Have you step by step description how to reproduce the crash?

mumajs

Re: Freecommander crashing on ZIP files

#3 Post by mumajs » 01.02.2018, 08:18

Marek,

thank you for the feedback. You are right it is freecommander window and there is possibility to submit the report. I recall last time I tried it it says there is not any email client configured. But I will pick the file you mentioned and send to you once it crash again. It does not matter which ZIP file but it happens when I work with them heavily. Opening one by one again and again, going from folder to folder opening zip, opening file from zip, another file from zip, going away from zip to another folder where I open another zip AND then it suddenly crash. I guess the crash report would be the best. The ZIP file is fine, because when I let 7-zip to check the file, if it is ok it says it is ok. I can also after freecommander crash open that file many time without crash or even unpack.