Unpack multiple zip files also from subfolders

Discussion and questions - donor version.
mumajs

Unpack multiple zip files also from subfolders

#1 Post by mumajs » 08.03.2018, 21:13

Hello,
I am missing feature to unpack multiple zip files at once. But I dont mean from one folder, but also from subfolders. See the sample structure below

- FolderA
--zipfileA.zip
- FolderB
--zipfileB.zip
- FolderC
--zipfileC.zip
etc.

In total commander it is easy to achieve that. You can search for *.zip and then list all found files to panel (that is also possible in freecommander what is cool). Then when you mark all files and click on unpack you can empty destination folder and it automaticaly unpack every zip file to zip file source folder one by one. That means zipfileA to FolderA, zipfileB to FolderB etc.
When I want to do something like this in Freecommander it only allows me to unpack to folders from one of the panels. So to folder in next panel or if I select to current folder than it fails because of "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\FreeCommanderXE\Settings\FileContainers\TmpFileContainer-4.fcc". Would be good to have there posibility to choose extract to zip file source folder or like in TC empty destination textbox and it will automaticaly use zip file source folder for extraction. Still allow unpack to subfolder what is very handy in this process.

Thank you,

mumajs

Re: Unpack multiple zip files also from subfolders

#2 Post by mumajs » 13.03.2018, 22:53

Any chance for this improvement or no way? It should be not so difficult.

alf5000

#3 Post by alf5000 » 14.03.2018, 12:19

For me it works perfectly well, but I didn't try it with FileContainers - that could cause the problem, perhaps you might re-check and share your findings.
(win10pro x64) - (latest FCXE x64 portable)

mumajs

#4 Post by mumajs » 14.03.2018, 17:44

Thank you alf5000 for your comment. It is hard to have somebody comment any post on this forum. I really appreciate you find a time to reply to my question.
You mentioned this information "For me it works perfectly well"... I am not sure I got it correctly... so your "procedure" for unpacking multiple zip files from subfolders works well or what you as the user of freecommander need is fine in current version so you never need to unpack multiple zip files from subfolders? If the first one is what you mean then please share with me how you are extracting the multiple zip files from subfolders. If the second option is the answer then I agree... I was also happy user until I needed to unpack the multiple zip files from subfolders and I was not able to do that.

Again I appreciate your answer and comment and I will try to do more steps in freecommander to accomplish that... but it is sometimes very difficult because I dont know all features... even I want to know them.

alf5000

#5 Post by alf5000 » 14.03.2018, 21:21

unpacking multiple .zip files from multiple (sub)folders works well for me.
what I do:

1) Ctrl+B (=plain view)
2) Ctrl+Y (=activate quick filter)
3) filter for .zip-files
4) select all .zip-files
5) Ctrl+F6 (=unpack files)

result: every .zip-file unpacks in the folder it is stored.
(win10pro x64) - (latest FCXE x64 portable)

Marek
Author
Author

#6 Post by Marek » 14.03.2018, 22:25

The empty destination field works fine currently but only for one file.
If multiple archive files are selected - the destination of the first archive is used.
Fixed for the next release.

mumajs

#7 Post by mumajs » 21.03.2018, 08:15

Wonderful Marek... Just downloaded new 733 build and it works like a charm.

Thank you!