826 - Non-blocking transfer copy/move issue - 1 panel

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
Dreamer
Site Admin

826 - Non-blocking transfer copy/move issue - 1 panel

#1 Post by Dreamer » 10.08.2020, 21:52

To reproduce:
- use default settings, probably not needed
- disable "Use blocking transfer" option
- drag&drop one file, or multiple files, or one subfolder to any other subfolder (within the same panel)
- item is moved to this subfolder, correctly
- drag&drop multiple subfolders (2 or more), or multiple files and one folder to any other subfolder (within the same panel)
= items are copied to this subfolder (they should be moved)

With "Use blocking transfer" option enabled it works good, it works good also in Windows Explorer.

FC 826 64-bit donor portable, Windows 10 64-bit 2004.

LadySaga

Re: 826 - Non-blocking transfer copy/move issue - 1 panel

#3 Post by LadySaga » 12.10.2020, 22:01

I can confirm this, and also add an additional detail.

I remember my own post about this exact issue a while ago, where you gave me the tips about setting "Use blocking transfer" to On, which did indeed fix the issue where selecting 2+ files defaulted to copy instead of move.

But. I've noticed that this is not always the case even with Blocking transfer on.
Namely, I have a whole heap of assets, icons, maps and so on in my roleplaying folders, and often spend ages trying to sort my scattered files in there, and have found FCXE an extremely valuable tool for that.
One feature it has that has been a huge favorite, is the Structureless options combined with the quick-filter.

Here is how things turn out.

Blocking transfer: Off
  • Uses FCXE's own Move/Copy thing.
    Single files = Move as left click default.
    2 or more files = Copy as left click default.
Blocking transfer: On
Default folder structure
  • Uses Windows default Move/Copy thing.
    All files = Move as left click default.
Blocking transfer: On
Structureless view (same for files, folders and files+folders)
  • Uses Windows default Move/Copy thing.
    Single files = Move as left click default.
    2 or more files = Copy as left click default.
It's annoying when you end up alternating between Moving and Copying just because you're switching between Structured and Structureless folder view, and I'd be very happy if that could be sorted.
Using structureless with the Blocking transfer off (FCXE's own move/copy) makes no difference. It will be Copy as the default.

Ironically, there is a setting called: Always perform copy operation for left button drag&drop, but yeah. that option doesn't seem to do much here.
It does work if I use Blocking Transfer On, and wanted to use Copy as the default instead of Move.
But... I obviously want the opposite, and for that.. well, checking or unchecking it makes no difference.
So that setting either forces Copy by default... oooor uses Copy by default anyway when in structureless.
Weird.

LadySaga

Re: 830 - Non-blocking transfer copy/move issue - 1 panel

#4 Post by LadySaga » 25.10.2020, 03:39

Anything on this at all?
It's been an issue since many versions ago, and is still an issue on 830 and 831.