Mouse Wheel Response Lost

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
tlsi2000

#1 Post by tlsi2000 » 25.10.2008, 22:58

v2009.1.0.388 (latest as of this post)

Mouse wheel has always been working flawlessly, up to this version.

Typically, the program 'knows' in what pane it is in, and will scroll as necessary in that pane.

Now, the program seems to loose track of what pane the cursor is over, and performs no action.

It does seem to be locked-in to the other pane (the last one used to scroll), and not jumping to the one that the mouse is currently over.

Clicking into the other panes 'sometimes' set this correctly, but then won't react after moving back to another one.

If this makes any sense at all.

thx,
ghg.

Marek
Author
Author

#2 Post by Marek » 26.10.2008, 19:49

Not to reproduce for me in the beta 389, please check.

tlsi2000

r390 - mouse wheel works on files but not for directiry tree

#3 Post by tlsi2000 » 03.11.2008, 22:35

tried R390

mouse wheel works well when over the 'files' pane, but never when over the 'directory tree' pane. I know it was working on both in prior versions, and worked (automatically became active) when hovering either (when the list exceeded the vertical space)

thx,
ghg

tlsi2000

update on this issue

#4 Post by tlsi2000 » 07.11.2008, 16:53

it seems to be related to the physical (logical?) area of the screen allowed to respond to the current mouse position.

[ for this discussion we will talk only of when the number of items are longer than the viewable screen area and actually can support a scroll operation ]

I normally operate in a mode where I slide close one of the layout screens, essentially working in a one-screen mode, with its associated folder tree view on the left and the flies of the selected folder on the right.

In this mode, the mouse wheel WILL NOT respond to the tree view pane, and on the file view pane, it only responds near the right-hand side of the files column and thereon to the right hand side of the pane, ie it does not respond when actually on the files column itslef

When I have both layouts showing, each with their respective tree views and files, the mosue wheel works correctly, and respondes in all areas of each pane as expected.

In a MAXIMIZED window, the response is the same, but the 'lost response area' in the files pane is smaller, only non-responsive for the first several characters of the file name, and not 'most' of it' as in the NORMAL window size -- this leads me to believe that a window/pane size calculation somewhere is causing the issue

thx,
ghg