613: File DEselection now working as expected

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
AimHere

613: File DEselection now working as expected

#1 Post by AimHere » 27.03.2013, 00:05

Hi,

I just noticed some unexpected behavior in FCXE regarding selections when working in the files list.

Suppose I am working in a folder containing 50 files. When I first enter the folder in FCXE, the status bar at the bottom tells me there are "50 Object(s)", giving their total size, and obviously none are selected. So, I go to select a few, using whatever combination of Shift-clicking and Ctrl-clicking I choose. The Status bar changes to reflect the number of selected files and their sizes, e.g. "5/50 Object(s) selected". So far, so good.

Now, I DE-select those files, either by Shift/Ctrl-clicking them again, or (if "Full row select" is unchecked in Settings) by clicking outside the filename column on a blank part of the window. The files all APPEAR to be unselected; that is, they are no longer highlighted in blue. However, the status bar still says "1 Object(s) selected" (giving a size for a single file), NOT "50 Object(s)" (with the total size of all files) like I would expect. Furthermore, if I then click on "Copy" or "Move", FCXE actually performs the operation and copies/moves a file, even though there shouldn't BE any files selected for it!!!

What's happening is that whatever file was last clicked on still has the "hot-tracking" marquee (the box with the dotted outline) surrounding it, and apparently, FCXE considers that file to be selected, even though it is NOT highlighted in blue anymore and was was Ctrl-clicked to toggle its selection status from "selected" to "not selected"!

Windows Explorer does NOT exhibit this behavior; if I have a single file selected in an Explorer window and Ctrl-click it, it really is de-selected, and Explorer's status bar changes to reflect that no files are selected. What's more, any toolbar/menu commands applicable to selected files would be unavailable, as expected.

I'd really like to see this get fixed, please.

Thanks,
Aimhere