R697 - New Option GoUpFromDriveEnabled

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
Zorkoff

R697 - New Option GoUpFromDriveEnabled

#1 Post by Zorkoff » 27.09.2015, 19:21

I set the option GoUpFromDriveEnabled=0 in the [form] section of FreeCommander.ini to test it out.

It worked the first time after program start, in the default tree of a 2 panel display.

However, after I switched to the other panel tree, the backspace would take the highlight up to Computer and not stop at the drive. I switch back to the original tree and and now it goes back to Computer as well.

It will work once each time I start the program, but not after changing the tree. This happens with both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of FCXE portable.

Am I missing something here? Is this how it is designed to work?

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit

Marek
Author
Author

Re: R697 - New Option GoUpFromDriveEnabled

#2 Post by Marek » 27.09.2015, 19:36

The option is for the file list only.
If you select computer in the tree then file list will be changed to computer.

Zorkoff

Re: R697 - New Option GoUpFromDriveEnabled

#3 Post by Zorkoff » 27.09.2015, 23:35

OK, so I tried the new option GoUpFromDriveEnabled=0 in the File Pane and it does stop at the drive as designed.

However, the action in the Tree Pane is changed as well. I am using the "Base folder" Desktop option. When the program is started, with an initial folder at D:\TopDir\SubDir, the backspace hit many times will stop at D:\.

However, when I left-click on SubDir and again press backspace many times it will go all the way to Desktop; and then the display will switch to C:\Users\<user>\Desktop.

This is a big departure from using the backspace key in the File Pane when option GoUpFromDriveEnabled=1.

I think there is an issue here, be it a bug or an unintended side effect.

I also notice that, if I bring up the desktop tree (using the 0 drive), left clicking on the Desktop level in the Tree Pane (after clicking on another folder), with either option, will expand to C:\Users\<user>\Desktop. I think it should just show the desktop and all the entries in the File Pane. This behavior has been around since at least R691.

I use the "Base Folder" Drive option in my normal work, so I don't encounter this all the time. Only when testing the new .INI option.