Synchronize / compare fails

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
ostkamp

Synchronize / compare fails

#1 Post by ostkamp » 29.01.2016, 21:47

Hi Marek,

I am using the latest donor 64-bit Build 711 on Windows 7, 64-bit (patched up to date).
I tried to backup contents of a directory on a 2 TB external drive towards a new external 5 TB drive.

After copying some stuff manually, I tried to use the compare / synchronize feature (no filters, plugins etc. setup and Freecommander has just been installed)

Unfortunately the file/directory lists remain empty after scan is complete although both sides clearly are not identical, see the image below. While scanning it counts rougly 8300 files or so, if I remember correctly.

At the bottom of the menu there are some numbers listed (possibly number of files identical or missing on either side?).

Can you please have a look?

Since the lists remain empty, Free commander would not copy any files in order to synchronize.
I have also tried to use "*" or "*.*" in filter include settings, but it does not help.
The problem is also present with all currently published public 32-/64-bit versions.

Additional hint: I have very little disk space left on the source side (right side in screenshot, drive E:), just a few MB. That should have no impact though (plenty of space left on drive C and other drives).

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Synchronize / compare fails

#2 Post by Marek » 29.01.2016, 23:18

In the "Show area" click on the two blue arrows.

ostkamp

Re: Synchronize / compare fails

#3 Post by ostkamp » 30.01.2016, 13:39

Marek wrote:In the "Show area" click on the two blue arrows.
Thanks, Marek - it helped. Is there any reason why those two arrows were disabled at the beginning?
I did not expect any additional required actions except hitting one of the "Compare" or "Synchronize" buttons.

Maybe a config setting that survived from a previous installation that had been uninstalled prior to installation of the current version?