Synchronizing Folders works not properly

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
matthias5154

Synchronizing Folders works not properly

#1 Post by matthias5154 » 07.03.2016, 16:29

Sometimes if i synchrionize Folders, alot of empty folders won´t be deleted, and very often is the synchronizing incomplete.
The new Vista+ Copy Method works also not 100%. The copy was also incomplete, so i was going back to the windows method for moving and cpying.
Best regards and keep the good work.
FreeCommander XE 2016 Build 717 64-bit donor

What am i without R-Studio File Revovery :) Recovered by Freecommander Synchronizing deleted Data without Errors

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Synchronizing Folders works not properly

#2 Post by Marek » 07.03.2016, 21:03

Your description is not very informative.
Try to provide some examples, step by step description, etc.

matthias5154

#3 Post by matthias5154 » 08.03.2016, 01:42

Its not easy to reproduce the error. I was synchronizing a SD-Card from a Android-Smartphone (removed from Smartphone with a cardreader - no MTP). In the right Panel was the SD-Card and in Left Panel the Copy of the SD-Card. I was saving the SD-card and not new content from PC. Therefore i made Backup of the right side. But all Openstreetmap Maps from Mapfactor Navigator was deleted on both sides, but they was also on both sides present before. Its absolutely impossible that i made the setup wrong.

After Copying a SD-Card with the Vista+ Method for external Drives, the Copy of the SD-card was incomplete.

Maybe have FC also some Problems with empty folders. Never are all empty folders deleted after synchronizing with deleting empty folders.

When i synchronize some of my external harddrives are there also the same problems. I lost also data and sometimes the system think a newer File is older. Some Folders cant be 100% synchronized without alot handwork or deleting the old one complete when making a asynchron Copy.

For Backup i have another Software, but i need some useable copys of some data when i go outside, and therefore is the synchronizing of folders perfect. Hoping this will run better in future.

TC is using a better Windows Copy-Method. This is visible when you make a copy to a MTP-Device, which is possible now. But synchronizing with MTP is there also impossible.

FC use yet a older Opening-Method. When i open a MS-Word File in Word 2013 and have Smart Tools for Fritz Fax installed, the Plugin will be removed because of the different legacy opening-method. This difference between opening methods can you also see, when you open Process Explorer in a 64 bit Windows 8.1 System. Process Explorer will show you everything what is hidden when you open Process Explorer with the Windows Explorer. Some Programs will be opened with another config-folder when opened with FC. This cause often alot of problems, but for the Process Explorer its really good.

OT: Because of my Idea, to use only power saving Notebooks, is my Windows XP no more in use. But sometimes i want back to Windows XP and i think it was a big fail to move, and i have no Windows 10 yet on the Main Computer because of RuntimeBroker.exe in Windows 10, hoping it come a 1604 Windows 10.

matthias5154

Starting with legacy starting method and different config fo

#4 Post by matthias5154 » 30.03.2016, 19:44

When running FC as a Administrator, the programs start with the legacy method and when FC normal started, it works right.
Maybe is this not a FC Problem, because other Commanders have the same problem.
Maybe synchronizing works better with vista+ method for all drives and without running as admin, but i have it not yet tested. I will write my test results here.

I know now why the synchronizing not right works
Its a Summer Time-Bug. FC will keep in summer the dates of winter time-files with +1h. FC Change the date while synchronizing. FC should just keeping the Date but add a h to all wintertime-files. FC should just changeing nothing in meta data of files. Maybe in Winter make FC -1h.

matthias5154

#5 Post by matthias5154 » 03.04.2016, 19:47

Maybe the synchronizing only works wrong when the program is started as admin. In an other synchronisation-software i found the same bug. This are maybe all windows caused problems.