744 - Opening a zip file from Thunderbird

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
Dreamer
Site Admin

744 - Opening a zip file from Thunderbird

#1 Post by Dreamer » 16.04.2017, 16:51

I'm trying to replace Explorer with FreeCommander wherever it's possible, here's another example, it works, but it's not perfect.

I tried to open zip file / attachment from Thunderbird portable in FreeCommander, simply by selecting (o) Open with > Other... > Browse... and finding the freecommander.exe file.

BTW FreeCommander is not in the list (Send this item to:), why?

First issue/bug is, that file is focused, but it's out of current column, in the list view, with many items in the folder (hundreds) and small window. Probably it will be hard to reproduce.

This issue (not sure if bug), I'm using Shell menu option "Start program" > "Always in the current instance", but the file is opened in the new FC instance.

When opening a file from Thunderbird, it's opened on the last locked tab, even if the option "Start with following folders" is used - this tab is not opened at all.

Probably not a bug, but when opening a zip file in Explorer, the content is opened/extracted, in FC it's not extracted automatically, only a zip file is focused.

Notes:
I have the issues #1, #2, and #3 also with non zip file, txt for example.
When I'm using option "Allow only one instance", I don't have the bug #1.

All in all, the zip file should be opened in the current instance, new tab or current tab and it should be automatically extracted, as in Explorer - or the options from "Shell Menu" FC settings should be used (current/new instance, load items in...).

FC 744 64 bit, Windows 10 64 bit.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: 744 - Opening a zip file from Thunderbird

#2 Post by Dreamer » 27.04.2017, 22:39

#1 fixed in 745.

#5 New issue (bug?):

- open the file from Thunderbird (or other program?)
- the file is opened in the last locked tab
- now switch to other tab
- switch back to the last tab
= path with the opened file is lost/reset