Windows delay after renaming, deleting or moving files / folders

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
markquay

Windows delay after renaming, deleting or moving files / folders

#1 Post by markquay » 07.07.2017, 15:48

Not certain if this just my machines (1 32-bit and 1 64-bit Windows 7 SP1) or not. Every time I delete, move and sometimes rename a file or folder, there is a delay (complete with Windows "wait / working" symbol) before I can proceed in FreeCommander. At times it is long enough that I get the "(no response)" added in the title bar. When I perform the same tasks in Windows Explorer, there is no issue. I have seen this in previous releases of FreeCommander, but it seems to be getting worse. My FreeCommander version is build 749 donor. I use a split window with folders on the left and sub-folders / files on the right. I have a few locked tabs for the right-side folder / files list. BTW --- awesome program!

jdecker

Re: Windows delay after renaming, deleting or moving files / folders

#2 Post by jdecker » 15.07.2017, 11:23

Same type issue that I've been experiencing as well... I'm on an AMD CPU @ ~4.0-4.1 GHz, Windows 10 Pro x64, 250 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 16 GB RAM, FreeCommander v749 x64 Donor with the whole FC window split into 4 different panes, roughly ~20%, ~30%, ~30%, and ~20% for the sections from left to right. On the left 20% of the screen is my pc's drive/folder tree/hierarchy and it's running the height of the window from just under the icons at the top, down to nearly the bottom of the window....The middle two panes/sections are split up at roughly ~30% and 30% for each, give or take a little here and there on each side, just depending on what i'm doing. These two middle sections are my two open directories from which I work back and forth between(This is probably what I'd call a relatively "standard" multi-pane/window setup here, I'd imagine.). Splitting these two panes is a separator bar running vertically between the two and it holds something like 5 or 6 different "convenience" buttons for some of my favorite tools I use when working with the files/folders in both panes, etc. And finally, consuming the remaining ~20% or so width of FC window real estate, is my "File Preview" pane. My whole setup is what I'd probably assume is a relatively standard layout of the FC window...enough info all in a single viewing window(my personally tailored FC window in its normal operating state as a whole) to give me a good view of what I'm doing, without being too cluttered, or confusing, yet allows me to be much more productive than utilizing the built-in, basic setup of the Windows "File Explorer" program, where I'd normally have 4, 5, or 6 different windows opened up simultaneously that cascade one behind the other (that can get very tedious and cluttered at times!).