Multiple Selected Items in Context Menu

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
Kewie_18

Multiple Selected Items in Context Menu

#1 Post by Kewie_18 » 05.01.2019, 20:23

I have been using the excellent and free Attribute Changer on Windows Explorer for a number of years.
From the context menu, I could for example select files A & B, right click on A and choose "Change Attributes - Use Current", and easily change the date/time of B to that of A. I can select multiple files and set them all to A as long as I right-click on A (the date/time fields will be populated with those from file A, and I can further adjust them or just press OK to change B to A.)
However, since switching to FreeCommander, I found it doesn't work. It always populate the date/time fields with the newest of A/B no matter which file I clicked on. It still works fine though in Windows Explorer.
Therefore I wonder if FreeCommander - when I have selected multiple files - is supplying only the newest file/date info from those files, whereas Windows Explorer supplies the file/date info of the actual file I right-clicked on, and as a result FC couldn't work with Attribute Changer?
Thank you in advance for any help.

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Multiple Selected Items in Context Menu

#2 Post by Marek » 05.01.2019, 21:27

Do you use the current FreeCommander version 790a?

Kewie_18

Re: Multiple Selected Items in Context Menu

#3 Post by Kewie_18 » 07.01.2019, 23:57

yes, of course!
FreeCommander XE 2019 Build 790a 64-bit donor
this anomaly also happened with the previous version. (I had only updated once since I donated.)

And I tested with a trial version of SpeedCommander 64-bit just now, Attribute Changer worked fine in it as with Windows Explorer. So I really suspect when multiple files are selected in FreeCommander, only the newest date/time info was passed to AC instead of those belonging to the file clicked on.