Selecting files via commandline often doesn't work

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
Ike

Selecting files via commandline often doesn't work

#1 Post by Ike » 04.10.2019, 11:38

Donor version 802 - 64bit.

The option to open folders and highlight files through the command-line often doesn't work correctly. I've managed to narrow the problem down to the following situation:
If the active tab shows a network-folder (\\Server\somefolder1), I then try to select a file via commandline on the same server, but another folder (\\Server\SomeFolder2), FreeCommander opens a new tab with the original networkfolder, fails to change this tab to the new networkfolder and therefore fails to highlight the file.

Steps to reproduce:

Step 1: C:\Windows is the active folder, I instruct FC via commandline to open a new tab and highlight testfile \\Dell3\Development\Test1\Testfile1.js

This works, a new tab is opened, the folder is changed to \\dell3\development\test1, the file is highlighted

Step 2: I instruct FC to open a new tab and select a file in another folder on the server: \\Dell3\Development\Test2\Testfile2.js

This fails, a new tab is opened, but the folder is not changed to \\Dell3\Development\Test2, but instead remains on \\Dell3\Development\Test1.

Step 3: I close the tabs, set the active tab to some local folder and try again.

This works. The tab is opened and set to the correct networkfolder, the testfile is correctly highlighted

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Selecting files via commandline often doesn't work

#2 Post by Marek » 05.10.2019, 21:29

It seems to be a timing problem on tab creating.
Currently the command with network path works without the parameter /T.

Ike

#3 Post by Ike » 14.10.2019, 12:20

Thanks Marek,

Removing the /T parameter indeed helps a lot, but it doesn't completely resolve the issue. The problem still occurs occasionally.

Marek
Author
Author

#4 Post by Marek » 14.10.2019, 20:38

I have made change for the next release.