EXIF information from HEIC files in MultiRename

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
tsarenok

EXIF information from HEIC files in MultiRename

#1 Post by tsarenok » 12.12.2020, 21:29

Hi!
I found that EXIF information which is accessible from the main browsing tab (by adding extra columns in detailed view) is not accessible in Multirename function. I found it only for HIEC files and seems this problem there for many years: I used FreeCommander XE-32 of version 2016 and faced this problem today, which is not disappeared after updating FC to latest version. My HIEC files from iPhone, thus it should be typical file configuration.
You can check it on example of [exif_taken] tag, but seems that problem is not only for this one.

tsarenok

Re: EXIF information from HEIC files in MultiRename

#3 Post by tsarenok » 25.02.2021, 14:31

I found that problem is not exactly as I described previously... Now I found that EXIF tag "date taken" is empty in FreeComander, but date which I can see is taken from the same tag but of "Windows" chapter of "Add/Remove columns" menu. It is strange as HEIC-format is created by Mac OS and I don't believe that Mac OS add this information specially for Windows OS and not place it in EXIF... Anyhow this chapter (of Windows tags) is not accessible in Multi rename function, which is pity. Also, this Windows date taken is displayed without seconds, but when I opened one of HEIC files in Notepad++ I found this date with seconds. If someone will do something with this issue, and makes HEIC date taken available for multi rename function, can it be available with seconds, please?

Marek
Author
Author

#4 Post by Marek » 25.02.2021, 21:44

HEIC date taken is already available in multirename dialog (exiftool - from the release 844).
The example of values:
HEICmetadata.png

tsarenok

#5 Post by tsarenok » 26.02.2021, 09:12

Firstly, you display “Create Date”, not “Date Taken”. Copy your file to new directory and you will get new “Create Date”. I am talking about date and time when picture was shoot. “Date Modified” is closer to “Date Taken” but still is not the same, because of it can be updated when rotating picture or doing other modifications.
Second, I am talking not about availability for viewing of this date, but to use it as pattern for files renaming. Somewhere in these lists:
And third, in Download section of freecommander.com there is only 840 release (for Windows). Maybe 844 is for donators and it’s really made there, then OK. Enjoy it :-)