file focus disappears on tab shift

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
offpath

file focus disappears on tab shift

#1 Post by offpath » 10.01.2016, 16:52

FreeCommander XE 2015 Build 680 public beta

The problem: One of the tabs was behaving oddly: this tab's file selection and display repeatedly reset itself ("automatically") after other tabs were viewed.

I had many (~8) tabs open, in the left panel, each viewing its own tree and each focused on a different folder, each folder containing ~16-40 files. No filter was on. Screen real estate limits the number of file lines visible in a tab to about 8. Normal operation worked as follows. In one of the "normal" tabs (X), focused on Folder A, I scrolled down to file 46. It was in the center of the visible part of the tab, I clicked on that file (scroll bar also in center of track) and it displayed as selected. Then I moved to a different (normal) tab (Y), focused on Folder B, scrolled in tab Y, and clicked on file 20 of Folder B, also in the center of the visible part of the tab, and it displayed as selected. Then I returned to tab X. The file display in tab X was the same as it had been: file 46 was still selected, still in the center of the visible part of the tab, & scroll bar also in center of track. I returned to tab Y, file 20 was also still selected and in the center of the visible part of the tab.

The abnormal behavior occurred in another open tab (Z). Z was focused on Folder C. I moved from tab X to tab Z, scrolled, selected file 23. 23 was in the center of the visible part of the tab Z's file list, it showed as selected. I returned to tab X, display still as before. Then I returned to Z. Z's display had reset itself to the top of the file list, no file selected, "dotted focus" on the upper folder, list starting with file 1. Back to tab X. It's display was still as it had been: file 46 in the center. I returned to Z, (whose display had been "auto-reset") re-selected file 23, shifted to tab Y (display as it had been), to tab X (display also as had been), then returned to Z. Again, Z's display had reset to no file selected, "dotted focus" on the upper folder, list starting with file 1.

I returned to tab X, duplicated it, and focused the new tab (X.1) on Folder C (the same folder as "failing" tab Z). I selected file 23 in Folder C in tab X.1, then moved to tab Y. Y was still as it had been, on . Moved to X, also still as it had been. Then I returned to tab X.1. This time the tab focused on Folder C -- tab X.1 -- had retained its display, showing file 23 selected and in the center. Tab X.1 was working properly, using the same folder as "failing" tab Z had been.

What caused tab Z to auto-reset its display? Might this be a bug, or is it normal behavior, involving some setting I overlooked?

(Sorry to bother with this loopy possible problem, but I'm addicted to FreeCommander, and like to understand it.)

Win 7 Pro, x64