Folder size consolidation toggle ("KB") unpredictable state

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
kino

Folder size consolidation toggle ("KB") unpredictable state

#1 Post by kino » 16.01.2016, 07:35

Hi,

I'm experiencing an unpredictable behavior on the consolidate folder size button ("KB" = "Calculates the space occupied by folders") : it doesn't seem to only toggle between ON/OFF and sometimes lands on (visually) unpressed state whereas aggregating threads obviously work on it.

Sometimes I can press repeatedly the button without the aggregating process to start and I may need to fiddle on folder sort by size before it actually triggers.

Oddly enough, I do not encounter the problem on x64 (same build) :
FreeCommander XE 2015 Build 703 32-bit donor on Windows 7

kino

Re: Folder size consolidation toggle ("KB") unpredictable st

#2 Post by kino » 28.06.2016, 09:11

Hello, I allow myself this little bump through some more documentation of the case, a typical scenario being :
- I re-open FC after exit
- "KB" = "Calculates the space occupied by folders (Alt+F9)" is in unpressed state
- In current panel, cols are ordered by Name
- I press KB : button looks pressed but no result is visible ; no more result if I unpress the button aside looking unpressed
- I press KB ; order by file/folder size -> nothing visible aside cols being sorted by size (still blank for folders)
- I press KB again -> now the button looks pressed and recursive folder size consolidation starts displaying
(?)
Thanks

Karol

#3 Post by Karol » 28.06.2016, 13:05

Check if you use proper action in the toolbar: "Size of folders" ("Size of selected folders" is other posibility).

kino

#4 Post by kino » 11.07.2016, 10:57

Hi Karol,
I do well know the difference between those two buttons (and I appreciate it) since I configure "size of folders" in my main toolbar and "size of selected folder" in panels.
Unfortunately, I'm unable to grab a strict deterministic path to that very strange behavior.
I run into it frequently and I can further add that it also happens to get "out" of folder size consolidation : I can press many times on toggle button but aggregating threads obviously keep running and displaying folder sizes each at a time when done ; the only way out being to re-order/sort by folder name and press "KB" again once or twice to actually stop background summing.
Well, I guess if you do not observe that behavior at all on win32 then I'll survive doing the little trick above until I manage locking down a repeatable scenario.
Thanks anyway for your time.

kino

#5 Post by kino » 22.07.2016, 23:20

Oh Geez ! oh my !
So it has been fixed ! (as of build 726)
(many many thanks !)