Drag and drop from WinRAR, and copy paste still not working

Bugs and issues.
surio

Drag and drop from WinRAR, and copy paste still not working

#1 Post by surio » 07.06.2014, 08:56

Hello Marek and others,

Firstly, thank you for making a on par file manager and offering it for free. I use the portableApps version of FreeCommander on Win 7 and Win 8.1. I am on build 650.

I have seen this glitch more often in Windows 8 than in Windows 7.

I have setup the "Use block transfer" in drag and drop, and I have selected "Use Windows" for all my copy, delete, move operations. When I drag and drop files from winrar into the freecommander window, I get the "+" icon denoting the items will be transferred, but noting actually happens. OTOH, if I used 7Zip, drag and drop, the files are extracted.

Similarly, if I am inside directory "C", which is under dir "B", which is under A like this A -> B -> C, and if I used Ctrl+C for a few files in dir "C" and navigate to "B" or "A" and do Ctrl+V, nothing happens either.... This happens sometimes only.

What other informationdo you need from my end?

Thanks once again.

EDIT:: How do I add my own custom icon sets to freecommander XE?
Incy wincy spider climbed the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out!

surio

Re: Drag and drop from WinRAR, and copy paste still not work

#2 Post by surio » 12.06.2014, 08:01

*bump*
Does anyone else have this quirky glitch? Another recent thread on this section reminded me of another issue:

On my present FC XE build, I notice that when I close and restart FC, it does not remember the open tabs from my previous session. It only remembers that last tab that was on focus.

Thanks.

surio

#3 Post by surio » 13.06.2014, 13:10

Just an FYI: I have encountered the same false positive while dragging and dropping a media file into freemake audio/video converter software from freecommander xe. Same specs as first post.

Karol

#4 Post by Karol » 13.06.2014, 15:25

Drag&Drop from Winrar works fine for me on Win 8/64.
Independent the option "Use block transfer".

surio

#5 Post by surio » 13.06.2014, 20:37

Karol wrote:Drag&Drop from Winrar works fine for me on Win 8/64.
Independent the option "Use block transfer".
Well, congrats! I am sincerely happy for you. And if you read my original post clearly, yes, I have checked the option "Use block transfer".

But all this doesn't invalidate the fact that drag and drop doesn't work on WinRAR, or with FreeMake video converter. FreeCommander drag-and-drop works with 7zip and with video-to-video converter though.

So, perhaps I am encountering a genuine "corner case" that needs the developer's attention. Which is why I took the pains to create an account in this forums and report my issue here.

Marek
Author
Author

#6 Post by Marek » 13.06.2014, 20:45

I have tested current WinRar on Win 7/64 and Win 8/64 - I see no problem with drag&drop.
On my present FC XE build, I notice that when I close and restart FC, it does not remember the open tabs from my previous session. It only remembers that last tab that was on focus.
Deactivate the option:
Settings->Folder Tabs -> Tab management: Close all not locked tabs....

surio

#7 Post by surio » 14.06.2014, 07:24

Marek wrote:I have tested current WinRar on Win 7/64 and Win 8/64 - I see no problem with drag&drop.
Well, I have two applications that don't work with drag and drop on my machine. Would it help to do a screencast of the action?