Font in "Browser for folder"

Bugs and issues.
Forez

Font in "Browser for folder"

#1 Post by Forez » 05.10.2016, 19:54

I have choosen Sagoe font in all of my system elements in Windows 7. I have also chosen Sagoe in FreeCommander in every possible place in
Tools > Settings > View

And yet, when I choose
Tools > Backup all settings...
I can see the tree generated in ordinary Arial instead of my font

What gives?

Forez

Re: Font in "Browser for folder"

#2 Post by Forez » 04.11.2016, 09:37

While looking for the solution to the problem of too small icons in Photoshop, I have implemented this: http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app- ... plays-fix/

And by turning on manifests in my system, I've also turned it for FreeCommander, because as it turns out it also has one. And guess what: with it, I finally have Sagoe in the
Tools > Backup all settings...

But unfortunately, some of other things look different; my visual settings are messed up

Forez

#3 Post by Forez » 06.11.2016, 19:44

Unfortunately, I must add some more info bout that solution to the Photoshop problem

I know that this is in part off topic, but I posted three answers at the http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app- ... plays-fix/: the first one praising the solution, but the second and third one describing problems with it. And they all got removed something like a day later

So firstly, aside from FreeCommander, there are over 25 other manifests already in my system for EXE files of various pieces software. And almost 25 000 other manifest files

Second, with this solution I have a problem with zooming with mouse. Most of the time it just does not allow for zooming at the top and at the bottom- I am left with some unseen part of file, in order which to see I have to scroll with slider. An what is strange, left and right edge [side] of graphic is zoomable without a sweat. The only solution I came up to this was "turning off" the zooming with a mousewheel option and thus reverting to the option where I have to press ALT when using the mousewheel for zooming. Now it works better but still sometimes I often have to use the slider, because on occasion Photoshop seems to see my cursor a little lower than it really is when I am trying to zoom in on the top portion of graphic [or a little higher when trying to zoom in the bottom]

Thirdly, two days later I could not access my Windows calendar [the one built into the clock in tray]- clicking on it was ignored. After something like 4 resets, I could not enter to Windows, even via the safe mode- all I got was a split second blue screen with a memory-dump-something information. Although this could be a coincidence, I advise a careful approach if implementing that manifest based scaling workaround [backup your system]

Forez

#4 Post by Forez » 16.11.2016, 13:58

As for the unknown font coming from "nowhere", it seems that also other software has such issues

For example in Mp3tag the font in Tag Panel also is not affected by any font settings of Windows 7 [and there is no way of changing a font within Mp3tag itself]: https://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=21747