FC freezes when when a folder gets frequently updated

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
akapune@kapune.org

FC freezes when when a folder gets frequently updated

#1 Post by akapune@kapune.org » 15.01.2017, 22:13

Hello,

I often have a great number of documents which I want to convert to PDF files in a batch manner. (I have Acrobat Pro on my machine which set an entry »Convert to PDF« in the files context menu.). To this end I place the files into a folder, open it with FC, select a bunch of files and right-click on them for conversion. After that the files get converted one after the other; after each conversion the FC window gets updated.

That works fine until the 80th conversion (approximately). Then FC cripples the display of some filenames and freezes. There is no other way than »killing« FC via the task manager and restart it. The explorer does not show that behaviour.

I am using FreeCommander XE 2016 Build 734 64-bit donor, but I observed this limitation already in previous versions. The screenshot below demonstrates that behaviour in the right folder.

Is there any solution?

Thank you and kind regards
Albert

akapune@kapune.org

Re: FC freezes when when a folder gets frequently updated

#2 Post by akapune@kapune.org » 05.03.2017, 21:32

In the mean time I found the reason (not a solution): That behaviour happens if in »Settings« -> »Select items« -> »Theme off (need program restart)« has been checked.

Kind regards
Albert