Error with checksum compare of .exe files through network

Bugs and issues.
Alain 38

Error with checksum compare of .exe files through network

#1 Post by Alain 38 » 28.08.2017, 13:17

Dear developer,

I have to PCs running Windows 7 Pro SP1 with the latest updates, sharing folders through my home network (standard Wiindows share with homegroup).
Within FreeCommander XE 2017 Build 751 32-bit, when I attempt to compare a local folder to a remote folder with checksum enabled, I get an error with any .exe file. The error message is : "The archived is corrupted". Reading similar bug reports here, I found that the error no longer occurs when I disable the internal fczip plugin. But what is not normal, IMHO, is that the .exe extension is not in my list of "supported" extensions (I only have .zip and .jar). So it means that the .exe extension is implicitely supported and that this cannot be changed. It would be nice to make the .exe extension optional, so that the user have to put it in the list if he/she wants it to be supported.
By the way, when fczip is enabled and I ALT+double click on any .exe file, whatever its location, I also get the same error.
So I am afraid the fczip plugin is of no use to browse into .exe self-extracting archives but generates annoyances instead...

Regards.

Alain 38

Re: Error with checksum compare of .exe files through network

#2 Post by Alain 38 » 28.08.2017, 13:19

Sorry. I my previous post, one should read : the error message is "The archived file is corrupted".