Important information! This way is working, but it's still just a workaround! Another (free) tool is needed (HotkeyP) and it works only with Windows file operations. Windows 10 Explorer's Undo and Redo options are used. Keyboard shortcuts are customizable and they work as global shortcuts, it means that they work in any program / window, so Ctrl+Z / Ctrl+Y are not recommended. Use at your own risk!
Tested using Windows 10 Home 64-bit, HotkeyP 4.8.3.
- In FreeCommander open the Settings (F12) > File/folder operations > General > and select "Use Windows" for the operations you want to be able to undo / redo (Delete or/and Copy or/and Move).
- Alternatively, use "Use FreeCommander" and then select "Use Vista method for all drives" for "Copy/Move with Vista and higher - if "Use FreeCommander" is active:", this way Undo / Redo will be working for all operations.
- Undo / Redo always work when using the context menu and "Cut", "Copy", "Paste" items and when using keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+X / Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V.
- Now download and unpack the program HotkeyP.
- Run HotkeyP.exe (Windows or Antivir programs may block this program, so you may need to unblock it, it's safe to use).
- Set the path for hotkeys (Ctrl+S), use any name and save it.
- Now you need to create multiple items, use menu > Hotkey > Insert new (or Insert key) to open dialog.
- For each line / hotkey use the Hotkey / Command / Parameters below (Hotkey is needed only for two items).
Code: Select all
# | Hotkey | Command | Parameters --+---------+-----------------------------------------------+-------------------- 1 | Win+Z | Multi command | 2 3 4 5 6 2 | | C:\Windows\System32\explorer.exe | 3 | | Hide application | explorer.exe 4 | | Macro | \sleep1 5 | | Macro to active window | \ctrl.z explorer.exe 6 | | Close window | explorer.exe 7 | Win+Y | Multi command | 2 3 4 8 6 8 | | Macro to active window | \ctrl.y explorer.exe
- You need to type the parameters for # 1 and # 7 when you create the other items.
- To type the hotkey, click within the hotkey field next to "Win" type Z and then mark the "Win" checkpoint ( [v] Win ).
- Win+Z / Win+Y for Undo / Redo are recommended keyboard shortcuts, you can use any, but these shortcuts are global, so Ctrl+C / Ctrl+Y are NOT recommended!
- If your computer is slow, you might need to increase the number next to \sleep .
- Windows Explorer window always blinks, when using this feature, it's normal, it can't be hidden completely now.
- HotkeyP includes the Help in English and few other languages.
Now it should be working, Win+Z to Undo and Win+Y to Redo, even for multiple actions, e.g. if you delete two files one by one, when you use Win+Z and then Win+Z again, both files will be restored.
Please test it and report any issues.