Windows 10 High Contrast themes

Bugs and issues.
H.Seldon

Windows 10 High Contrast themes

#1 Post by H.Seldon » 24.08.2018, 21:42

It's been a ling time since my last post. I really haven't had any issues with FreeCommander, until recently. I am running Windows 10. I recently changed theme to Windows 10 high contrast black theme. I managed to change the modifiable colors to something less "contrasty". All system apps now have a dark theme. I have been using a dark theme for FC for some time now. It has always looked fine until now. The problem is with the dialogs in FC. Most of them now show some black text on black background. This includes editable boxes. as well as labels. I have searched through the settings many times, but found no solution. If I use no theme for FC, the dialogs are still shown incorrectly. They appear to be not fully themed according to the system theme. I have attached a snapshot of the multi-rename dialog. You can see that labels for checkboxes are black on black, as well as text in drop-down boxes. I have the same problem if I choose to use a dialog for renaming instead of the slow double-click. The file to be renamed is black on black unless I highlight it.
Attachments
Fc_Multi-rename dialog.png
Last edited by H.Seldon on 24.08.2018, 23:23, edited 4 times in total.

H.Seldon

Re: Windows 10 High Contrast themes

#2 Post by H.Seldon » 24.08.2018, 22:48

After investigating the Dialog fonts issue, I discovered a solution to this problem. If I deselect "Use defined font" under Settings/View/Dialogs/font, all dialogs are themed correctly! With "Use defined font" selected, theming is incorrect and the font does not change, no matter which font I choose.

H.Seldon

Re: Windows 10 High Contrast themes

#3 Post by H.Seldon » 24.08.2018, 23:25

I forgot to mention, I am using FreeCommander donor version 2018 build 777.