Multiple Selected Items in Context Menu

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
Kewie_18

Multiple Selected Items in Context Menu

#1 Post by Kewie_18 » 05.01.2019, 21:23

I have been using the excellent and free Attribute Changer on Windows Explorer for a number of years.
From the context menu, I could for example select files A & B, right click on A and choose "Change Attributes - Use Current", and easily change the date/time of B to that of A. I can select multiple files and set them all to A as long as I right-click on A (the date/time fields will be populated with those from file A, and I can further adjust them or just press OK to change B to A.)
However, since switching to FreeCommander, I found it doesn't work. It always populate the date/time fields with the newest of A/B no matter which file I clicked on. It still works fine though in Windows Explorer.
Therefore I wonder if FreeCommander - when I have selected multiple files - is supplying only the newest file/date info from those files, whereas Windows Explorer supplies the file/date info of the actual file I right-clicked on, and as a result FC couldn't work with Attribute Changer?
Thank you in advance for any help.

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Multiple Selected Items in Context Menu

#2 Post by Marek » 05.01.2019, 22:27

Do you use the current FreeCommander version 790a?

Kewie_18

#3 Post by Kewie_18 » 08.01.2019, 00:57

yes, of course!
FreeCommander XE 2019 Build 790a 64-bit donor
this anomaly also happened with the previous version. (I had only updated once since I donated.)

And I tested with a trial version of SpeedCommander 64-bit just now, Attribute Changer worked fine in it as with Windows Explorer. So I really suspect when multiple files are selected in FreeCommander, only the newest date/time info was passed to AC instead of those belonging to the file clicked on.

mariola

#4 Post by mariola » 11.02.2019, 18:57

Hello,
please consider fixing the following: when I select multiple files and in "Attributes/Timestamp..." choose "Set timestamp" + "Copy Created -> Modified", the program copies the Created timestamp of the first file to the Modified timestamp of ALL the files, instead of doing it one by one (and copying each Created to each Modified).
Thanks, Marek