Hover Over File Name/Save Last View

Suggestions and feature requests.
FreeMan

Hover Over File Name/Save Last View

#1 Post by FreeMan » 05.02.2019, 19:59

I would like to see two features added that I think would be easy to do.

1) The Windows File Explorer displays some things about the file when you hover over it would your mouse. It would be nice to add to FC. I am mainly interested to have it display the dimensions of an image file like File Explorer.

2) I would prefer that FC would save the last layout view when you close it. It currently saves the view of the active folders in each pane but it closes all the other tabs. I would prefer it save the whole set up until you open FC again. This way I can continue working on what I was doing previously. The save layout option is really nice and I need it but having it save the view of all the tabs when I close FC would be better. When I finish working on a project, I can change layouts at that point.

FreeMan

FreeMan

Re: Hover Over File Name/Save Last View

#3 Post by FreeMan » 08.02.2019, 07:25

Thank You Karol,

I don't think I would have figured out this stuff from the help files. You guys might want to add more screenshots. Full screen shots aren't really necessary. On "Show files tooltip", you could just show the contents of the tooltip with and without the option checked.

FreeMan

Forez

Re: Hover Over File Name/Save Last View

#4 Post by Forez » 12.03.2019, 23:52

Can tooltips In FC be defined by the user?

In a similar way like the Status Bar?